People choose Canada as their preferred place for travelling, conducting business, or getting together with loved ones. We are faithfully making our immigration services and programmes more advanced and unprejudiced for people all around the world.
The electronic travel authorization (eTA) programme has been expanded to include 13 additional nations, according to Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship. Travellers from these nations can now apply for an eTA rather than a visa when flying to Canada if they have either recently held a Canadian visa or currently have a valid United States non-immigrant visa.
- 13 nations have been named by Canada as being eligible for visa-free travel.
- To ease travel, an eTA programme has also been launched.
- Through this programme, visitors can stay in the nation for up to six months without a visa.
- An eTA is justifiable for five years or for the duration of the validity of passport or other travel documents, whichever comes first.
Canada made visa-free travel available.
13 nations have been named by Canada as being eligible for visa-free travel. There are five nations from the Caribbean islands on the list. To make your travel more easier, an eTA program has been set up.
Countries eligible for the programme
These are list of countries which given below:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Kitts and Nevis
- Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
When visiting Canada, visitors should:
- have held a visa to enter Canada over the past ten years
- possess a current, valid non-immigrant visa for the United States
An electronic travel authorization is what?
Prior to their flight, travellers from nations without visas must get an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Even if you just want to travel through the nation, you must still meet this criteria.
How can I get a travel authorization electronically?
The federal government of Canada’s website offers an electronic travel authorization application form for individuals. One needs a passport and a valid email address in addition to the $7 application fee for the eTA.
An eTA should ideally be valid for five years or as long as your passport or other travel documents are still valid, whichever comes first.